Josh Bridges Demonstrates How to do a Burpee to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for a Burpee
- Stand in an athletic position with shoulders over hips and hips over feet.
Points of Performance for a Burpee
- Drop down into the bottom of a push up with chest and thighs in contact with the ground.
- Spring back up, piking the hips into a partial squat.
- Jump up clapping the hands overhead to complete the rep.
- Hips and knees must be fully locked out and open at the top while feet leave the ground. Athlete’s entire body must be vertical in air.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t fight the negative in the descent of the push-up.