How to do a Ring Push-Up to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Ring Push-Up
- Start by holding the rings with the arms extended.
Points of Performance for Ring Push-Up
- Descend down so that the biceps touch the rings
- Press back up to full lock out.
Tips and Tricks
- As demonstrated in the video, maintain a hallow body. This is done by squeezing your heels, legs, and glutes together while maintaining a tight core
- Avoid arching the lower back
- Inhale as you descend and exhale as you ascend
- To scale the movement, walk the rings further away from the bar to an inclined position