How to do a weighted pull up to build the strength in your back.
Set Up for a Weighted Pull Up
- Begin in a dead hang from the pull-up bar with hands just outside shoulders.
- Arms are long elbows are locked out from the bottom position.
- Dumbbell between feet
Points of Performance for a Weighted Pull Up
- Begin by leaning back slightly and pulling up with the arms.
- Finish the rep with the chin breaking the horizontal plane of the bar.
- Descend back down to the fully extended starting position.