Recipe below or pick up Kodiak cake mix
With a waffle maker you can have yourself breakfast, snack or a waffle sandwich in less than 10 minutes.
Tools needed: Small electric waffle griddle Oat Waffles – Egg-free, gluten-free Makes 2 waffles that are great for one serving.
- ½ Cup oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ Scoop of protein powder (close to ¼ cup)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Cup Coconut milk (beverage)
You could use water or almond milk Extra sweetener of choice (stevia, lucuma, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond butter)
- Mix all ingredients in a high-speed blender – The mix will be pretty thick.
- You may need to stop & stir, add additional liquid 1 oz at a time.
- Brush the preheated waffle iron with butter or coconut oil or use a coconut oil spray that limits the amount and makes for easy lift-off.
- Pour batter onto griddle, close the top and let cook for about 3 minutes or until golden.
- Check on waffles periodically so they won’t overcook.
Note: I find that the combination of chia and flax bind well for an egg-replacement