Set up for Deadlift
- Begin with the feet hip width apart, hands outside the legs, the bar is in contact with the mid shins.
- Shoulders positioned over or slightly forward of the bar, back is arched and tight.
- Head is in a neutral position.
Points of Performance for Deadlift
- Drive through your heels as you stand up, keeping the bar in contact with the legs.
- Maintain a strong lumbar curve.
- Hips and shoulders rise together at the same time.
- At the top of the knee extend the hips, finish the rep with hips and knees fully locked out and open with shoulders behind the bar.
Tips and Tricks
- Insure proper tension before pulling weight off the ground. Do not have slack in the arms, hamstrings, or back.
Leave A Comment