Set up for Strict Press
- Stand with heels underneath your hips, legs locked out.
- Hands outside the shoulder with a full grip, elbows slightly in front of the bar
- Begin with the bar racked on the front on the shoulders, belly tight.
Points of Performance for Strict Press
- With a tight and rigid body, press the bar straight up while moving your head back and out of the way.
- Knees come to full lock out at the top.
- Arms come to full lockout overhead with the bar over the center of the body.
- Rep is completed when the elbows, hips, and knees are all fully locked out with the bar overhead.
Tips and Tricks
- Think about driving through your heels.
- Receive the bar when descending from overhead with a little give in the hips and knees to adsorb the shock.