This brings the full-flavor effect with creaminess, texture, spice, and incredible aroma. The cashews soak up a bit of flavor but still keep their pleasant crunch as a nice contrast to the tender vegetables. Great filling base dish that gives you the option of adding lean ground beef or chicken as an option. That’s what I would do.
- 2 Cups Veggies chopped (Brussels, broccolini, fennel, or carrots)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or sesame seed oil
- Juice of 1 lime 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ Cup Cashews
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the vegetables.
- Add a splash of tea or water – then saute vegetables with glass top on for 2 minutes to create some steam and tenderize the vegetables.
- After a few minutes, add nut butter and coconut aminos –then stir with wooden spoon to break up the nut butter.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then add cashews as an optional garnish or “mix-in” for texture.