Josh Bridges Demonstrates How to do Air Squats to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Air Squats
- With set heels just outside hips and toes pointing out slightly.
- Stand with hips and knees at full extension.
Points of Performance for Air Squats
- Send the hips back and down descending to the bottom of your squat with the crease of the hip below the knees.
- Keep the knees tracking out over the toes
- Maintain balance of weight in the heels.
- Keep the arch in the lower back by lifting the chest for a good lumbar curve in the spine.
- When hip crease breaks the plane of the knees in depth, drive through the heels to ascend back to your starting position.
- The rep is completed when the knees and hips are fully locked out and open.
Tips and Tricks
- Focus on driving through the posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings, and erectors)