Set up for Bench Press
- Start with the hands outside the shoulders and the bar over the center of the chest.
Points of Performance for Bench Press
- Break at the elbows allowing the bar to descend towards the center of the chest.
- Elbows track tight and close to the body.
- Allow the bar to make contact with the chest.
- Press the bar straight back to your starting position.
Tips and Tricks
- Athletes have a tendency to hyper extend their backs. When the load gets heavy. Instead squeeze your glutes, legs, and core and think about driving your feet into the ground.