The Isabel WOD is a Benchmark Girl WOD used in CrossFit workouts to assess an athlete’s progress over time.
Description of the Isabell WOD
Complete for time:
- 30 Snatches (135/95lbs)
Click link for video demonstrations that discuss points of performance and scaling.
Goal Times for the Isabell WOD
WodStar RX Goal Times
- Elite: Sub 2:00
- Level 3: 2:00-3:30
- Level 2: 3:30-6:00
- Level 1: 6:00-8:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the Isabell WOD
- This workout was designed to be a sprint. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 8:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- Use a moderate to fast pace on the first 10-20 reps, then sprint through the last 10.
- Avoid going to failure. Stop 1-2 reps short of failing to prevent muscular burnout
- Click on our movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scales for the Isabell WOD
- Reduce weight to one that can be performed for 10 unbroken, efficient reps.
- Kettle double arm snatch.
- Double arm dumbbell snatch.
- Place an 8:00 time cap