Set up for Thrusters
- Combing the front squat and overhead press, clean or power clean your barbell into your front rack.
- Begin with the feet shoulder width apart in the squat stance.
- Hands slightly outside the shoulder, with the elbows up high and parallel to the ground.
Points of Performance for Thrusters
- Descend down into a full front squat with the crease of the hip below the knee.
- Keeping the elbows up, drive through your heels, aggressively extending the hips and knees.
- At full extension, press the bar overhead to complete the rep.
- Rep is completed when the hips and knees and elbows are all fully open and locked out with the bar over the center of the body.
Tips and Tricks
- An aggressive opening of the hip will send the bar weightless from your front rack overhead.
- Maintaining a tight core and elbows high in the bottom of the squat will prevent the bar from pulling you forward and down. This is a more efficient movement.
Leave A Comment