How to do an Air Squat to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set Up for the Air Squat
- Set heels just outside of your hips and have your toes pointing out slightly
- Start with hips and knees at full extension
Points of Performance for the Air Squat
- Send the hips back and down descending to the bottom of your squat with the crease of the hip below the knees.
- Keep the knees tracking out over the toes
- Maintain balance of weight in the heels
- Keep the arch in the lower back by lifting the chest for a good lumbar curve in the spine
- When hip crease breaks the plane of the knees in depth, drive through the heels to ascend back to your starting position
- The rep is completed when the knees and hips are fully locked out and open
Tips and Tricks for the Air Squat
- Focus on driving through the posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings, and erectors)
Leave A Comment