How to do the Bear Complex, which is a Benchmark CrossFit WOD.
Set up for Bear Complex
- Start with the feet hip-width apart and hands slightly outside the shoulders.
Points of Performance for Bear Complex
- Perform a squat clean with the crease of the hip below the knee.
- Go right into a thruster with a full lock out over head.
- Drop the bar to the back and then perform a full range of motion back squat.
- As you stand, violently open the hip into a fully locked out press overhead.
Tips and Tricks
- If you are new to this movement, practice each moment with a light load so that it is efficient before using it in strength work or a workout
- When lowering the bar behind the head, be sure to absorb it onto the top of the shoulder blades and not the neck
[…] Bear complex […]