How to do a Behind the Neck Split Jerk to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for the Behind the Neck Split Jerk
- Stand with heels underneath your hips, legs locked out.
- Hands outside the shoulder with a full grip, elbows under the bar.
- Begin with the bar racked on the back of the shoulders, belly tight.
Points of Performance for the Behind the Neck Split Jerk
- Start the movement by breaking at the hips and knees dipping straight down and dynamically straight back up, opening the hips aggressively.
- Feet move at the same time from under hips to a split position shoulder width apart.
- Push yourself down under the bar and catch the bar in full lockout.
- Recover by bringing the front foot back and back foot forward to a full stand.