How to do a Chest to Bar Pull-Ups to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
- Begin in a dead hang from the pull-up bar with hands just outside shoulders.
- Arms are long elbows are locked out from the bottom position.
Points of Performance for Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
- Begin by leaning back slightly and pulling up with the arms.
- Finish the rep with the chest (below the clavicle) touching the bar.
- Descend back down to the fully extended starting position.
Tips and Tricks
- To increase efficiency and strength, briefly pause extended at the bottom of the rep to avoid momentum.
- Use good control descending to the bottom, don’t drop to the lockout position
- Exhale as you pull, inhale as you descend