How to do a Dumbbell Press to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Dumbbell Press
- Start with the feet hip-width apart with the bells on the shoulders and the belly tight.
Points of Performance for Dumbbell Press
- Extend the arms getting a full lock-out overhead.
- Make sure the body stays tight and the bells finish over the center of the body.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep the palms facing in and the wrists, elbows, and shoulders are in line
- When the dumbbells get to the overhead position, press the shoulders and shoulder blades up high in an active position
- Keep the knees stiff and the body tight in alignment. Avoid excessive arch in the lower spine