How to do dumbbell walking lunges to build the strength in your quads.
Set up for Dumbbell Walking Lunges
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold dumbbells at side
Points of Performance for Dumbbell Walking Lunges
- Take an exaggerated step forward.
- Allow the back knee to kiss the ground gently.
- Drive off the front foot to a standing position.
Tips and Tricks
- In the bottom of the lunge, both legs will be at 90 degrees. This is achieved with a vertical shin with the front leg and vertical femur with the back leg
- Avoid lunging excessively outside or inside joint alignment.
- For efficiency and quality, each leg will have the ankle, knee, and hip in alignment
- Drive through the front heel as you bring the legs back together
- Stand with a fully extended hip