How to do Good Mornings to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Good Mornings
- Start with your feet hip-width apart with the bar on the back and hands outside the shoulders.
Points of Performance for Good Mornings
- Reach the hips back as the chest drops forward.
- Be sure to keep the back tight and straight as you descend down.
- The rep completes when the hips fully open.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep your bodyweight in your heels
- At the bottom of the rep, be sure to maintain a neutral spine. This is achieved by keeping your head in line with your spine as you travel throughout the rep
- Inhale as you descend into the rep, exhale as you ascend