How to do a Handstand Walk to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Handstand Walk
- Begin with the hands slightly outside the shoulders with the palms on the ground.
- Invert into a free-standing handstand.
Points of Performance for Handstand Walk
- Begin to walk with the hands, one hand in front of the other, from the heel to the finger tip.
- Be sure to keep the elbow locked out and the shoulders shrugged down upon contact with the floor.
Tips and Tricks
- While traveling in the handstand walk, keep the head slightly looking towards the floor. Avoid hyperextending the neck
- For efficiency and control, keep the legs straight, feet together, toes pointed while maintaining a tight core
- Be sure to breath