This video demonstrates how to do a proper GHD Hip and Back Extension that you would find in CrossFit WODs.
Set up for the GHD Hip and Back Extension
- Set the GHD at a comfortable distance for your legs
- Begin with the hips free of the pad.
Points of Performance for the GHD Hip and Back Extension
- Initiate the movement by tucking the chin and flexing at the spine, while simultaneously flexing at the hip.
- Bring the spine back to extension at the bottom of the movement.
- Next, deliberately surrender the lumbar curve and extend back up reclaiming the position.