How to do Knees to Elbows to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODs.
Set up for Knees to Elbows
- Begin in a dead hang from the pull-up bar with hands just outside shoulders.
Points of Performance for Knees to Elbows
- Initiate a kip swing by opening and closing the shoulder.
- Push down on the bar keeping the arms long and lifting the knees.
- Pull knees high to make contact with the elbows
Tips and Tricks for Knees To Elbows
- For efficiency, keep your feet squeezed together and toes pointed at the bottom of the rep
- Keep engaged and tight in the shoulders, not loose and inactive
- As demonstrated in the video, avoid excessive hyperextension or arching of the lower spine at the bottom of the kip