How to do a Low Bar Back Squat to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Low Bar Back Squat
- Start with the feet shoulder-width apart, hands outside the shoulders and the bar held across the top of the shoulder blades.
Points of Performance for Low Bar Back Squat
- Send your hips back and down while maintaining a good lumbar curve.
- Knees are tracking over the toes.
- Descend until the hip crease breaks the plane of the knee.
- Pushing through your heels, drive your knees out and ascend back to your starting position.
- A good rep is when the knees and hips are full locked out and open at the top.