How to do an Overhead Pistol to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Overhead Pistol
- Begin by holding the barbell overhead with a wide grip.
Points of Performance for Overhead Pistol
- Balancing on one foot, descend down until the crease of the hip is below the knee.
- While squatting, keep the bar centered over the middle of the foot with the arms locked out.
- The rep is complete with the hips and knees extended.
Tips and Tricks
- Throughout the movement, keep the shoulders active and pressing up
- To maintain balance, descend into the pistol using quality control
- Keep the elevated leg as straight as possible while maintaining a tight core
Leave A Comment