How to do a Overhead Squat to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Overhead Squat
- Begin with your feet shoulder width apart standing tall.
- The bar is held 6-8’’ overhead with the arms extended over the center of the body, hands are wide.
- Descend down so that the crease of the hip is below the knee.
- Stand all the way up to complete the lift.
Points of Performance for Overhead Squat
- Make sure the shoulders are shrugged up and active with the armpits turned forwards.
- Open the shoulder angle on the way down to keep the bar balanced over the mid foot.
- Drive up through the heels to a full standing position.