How to do a Push Jerk to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for a Push Jerk
- Start with the feet underneath the hips, hands outside the shoulders with a full grip on the bar.
- Hands outside the shoulder with a full grip, elbows slightly in front of the bar.
- Begin with the bar racked on the front on the shoulders, belly tight.
Points of Performance for a Push Jerk
- Start the movement by with a dip and drive, break at the hips and knees dipping straight down and dynamically straight back up, keeping the torso vertical.
- Open the Hip aggressively and completely.
- Push yourself down under the bar and catch the bar in full lockout.
- Drive through the heels back to a standing position.