How to do a Push-Up to increase your chest, shoulder, and tricep strength and to help improve your performance in CrossFit WODs.
Set up for a Push-Up
- Begin with your hands underneath shoulders
- Elbows are locked out
- Your core should be tight and your body rigid
- The body should be a straight line from head to ankles
Points of Performance for a Push-Up
- Break at the elbows allowing your torso to descend towards the floor until the chest and thighs hit the ground
- Keep elbows tight and close to the body
- Press through the chest and triceps ascending back to your starting position.
Tips and Tricks for a Push-Up
- As demonstrated in the video, maintain a hallow body. This is done by squeezing your heels, legs, and glutes together while maintaining a tight core
- Avoid arching the lower back
- Inhale as you descend and exhale as you ascend