How to do a Snatch Balance to increase your strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for a Snatch Balance
- Stand with heels underneath your hips, legs locked out.
- Hands wide with a full grip, elbows under the bar
- Begin with the bar racked on the back of the shoulders, belly tight.
Points of Performance for a Snatch Balance
- Start the movement by breaking at the hips and knees dipping straight down and dynamically straight back up, opening the hips aggressively.
- Feet move at the same time from under hips to a squat stance, shoulder width apart.
- Aggressively push yourself straight down under the bar and catch in a full overhead squat.
- Recover by driving out of the bottom to a full stand.