How to do a Sots Press to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Sots Press
- Begin with the feet shoulder-width apart with the hands wide on the bar with the bar resting on the back.
Points of Performance for Sots Press
- Send the hips back and down descending into the bottom of a back squat with the crease of the hip below the knee.
- Extend the arms, pressing up to a full lock out.
- Keep the bar centered over the middle of the foot as you press.
- The rep is complete when the elbow and shoulder are fully open.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep your body engaged and tight at the bottom of the squat
- Once your arms are fully extended overhead, actively raise your shoulders to support shoulder joints and weight