How to do a Split Snatch to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Split Snatch
- Start with the feet hip-width apart with the hands wide in a hook grip.
- Shoulders are over the bar and chest is up.
Points of Performance for Split Snatch
- Push the knees back, violently open the hip, and shrug the shoulders receiving the bar in a partial split.
- Stand all the way up with an extended hip to finish the rep.
- Be sure to keep the shoulders rising off the ground.
- Receive the bar with the arms locked out.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to move the feet fast to the split position so that the lock out of the arms overhead and the landing of the split happen at the same time
- Be sure to fully extend the hips before pulling yourself down into the split position
Leave A Comment