How to do a Turkish Get Up (TGU) to increase your shoulder stability, gain strength and improve your performance in CrossFit WODs.
Set up for a Turkish Get Up (TGU)
Lay flat on your back and with one arm press the weight by locking out the elbow.
Points of Performance for a Turkish Get Up (TGU)
- Bend the knee and put your foot, on the same side as the weight, flat on the ground
- Keeping the weight locked out at all times, press through the heel and shift your body weight to the opposite shoulder, elbow, and then hand
- Pop the hips and sweep the opposite leg into a kneeling position
- In this position you will be stacked; weight over shoulder of same, shoulder of opposite, and hand on ground
- Come to a kneeling position and lunge out to a fully standing position
- To complete the rep, descend back to the ground in the reverse order of these steps
Tricks and Tips for the Turkish Get-Up (TGU)
Keep your eyes on the weight overhead will help you find stability throughout the movement.
Leave A Comment