The Amanda WOD is a Benchmark Girl WOD used in CrossFit workouts to assess an athlete’s progress over time. This Girl WOD is a mixture of bodyweight and gymnastics movements combined with barbell movements.
Description of CrossFit Amanda WOD
3 Rounds for time of 9-7-5 reps of:
Click links for video demonstrations that discuss points of performance and scaling.
Note: An athlete can perform a Strict Muscle-Up as identified above or a Kipping Muscle-Up.
Goal times for the CrossFit Amanda WOD
WodStar RX Goal Times
- Elite: Sub 3:30
- Level 3: 3:30-4:30
- Level 2: 4:30-5:30
- Level 1: 5:30-10:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the CrossFit Amanda WOD
- The Amanda WOD was designed to be a sprint. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 10:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- Avoid going to failure on your reps. Stop 1-2 reps short of failure to preserve muscle fatigue and endurance.
- Put more focus into the mechanics of your least efficient movement(s), and make up time during your most efficient movement.
- Click on the movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scales for the CrossFit Amanda WOD
- Reduce load to a weight you can do 12-15 reps efficiently unbroken.
- If the squat snatch is not efficient, then scale to a hang squat snatch or a hang snatch.
- Apply a 10:00 time cap
- Reduce to 1-2 rounds of 9-7-5
- Or Reduce reps to 7-5-3