The Diane WOD is a Benchmark Girl WOD used in CrossFit workouts to assess an athlete’s progress over time.
Description of the Diane WOD
Complete 3 rounds of 21-15-9 reps for time:
Click links for video demonstrations that discuss points of performance and scaling.
Note: An athlete can do Strict Handstand Push-Ups or Kipping Handstand Push-Ups.
Goal Times for the Diane WOD
WodStar RX Goal Times
- Elite: Sub 2:30
- Level 3: 2:30-4:00
- Level 2: 4:00-7:00
- Level 1: 7:00-10:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the Diane WOD
- This couplet was designed to be a sprint. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 10:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- If able, keep a steady unbroken pace through entire workout. If needed, break up the first round to preserve energy for the next two.
- Click on the movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scales for the Diane WOD
- Reduce weight to something you can do 15 times unbroken and efficiently.
- Handstand push-ups to mats
- Piked Push-Ups on a Box
- Apply 10 minute time cap
- Cut reps to 15-12-9