The Fran WOD is one of the most commonly performed Benchmark Girl WODs in CrossFit and is used to assess an athlete’s progress over time.
Description of the Fran WOD
Complete 21-15-9 reps for time: Click movement links for instruction and points of performance.
- Thrusters (95/65lbs)
Note: When a WOD calls for a Pull-Up, this can be a Strict Pull-Up, as defined identified above or a Kipping Pull-Up or Butterfly Pull-Up, unless specifically identified in the WOD, e.g. 10 Strict Pull-Ups or 15 Kipping Pull-Ups.
Goal Times for the Fran WOD
WodStar Rx Goal Times:
- Elite: Sub 2:30
- Level 3: 2:30 – 4:00
- Level 2: 4:00 – 7:00
- Level 1: 7:00 – 10:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the Fran WOD
- This couplet was designed to be a sprint. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 10:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- Break up the round of 21 if needed, otherwise maintain a solid unbroken pace throughout entire workout.
- The round of 15 should be a mental fight. Do not break.
- Click on the movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scaling for the Fran WOD
- Reduce the weight to a weight you can do efficiently for 15 times unbroken.
- Banded Pull-Ups
- Jumping Pull-Ups
- Ring Row
- TRX Body Row
- Barbell on Rack Body Row
- Banded Pull-Downs
- Apply 10:00 time cap.
- If needed, reduce reps to 15-12-9.