How to do a Dumbbell Push Press to improve your performance in CrossFit WODS.
Set up for Dumbbell Push Press
- Start with the feet hip-width apart with the bells on the shoulders and the belly tight.
Points of Performance for Dumbbell Push Press
- Dip, drive, and press the bells over head into a full lock out.
- Be sure to violently open the hip and follow through with the arms, finishing with the bells over the center of the body.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep the palms facing in and the wrists, elbows, and shoulders are in line
- When the dumbbells get to the overhead position, press the shoulders and shoulder blades up high in an active position
- When initiating the dip, maintain body weight in the heels