The Angie WOD is a Benchmark Girl WOD used in CrossFit workouts to assess an athlete’s progress over time.
Description the of Angie WOD
The Angie CrossFit WOD consists of:
Complete all reps of each exercise before moving to the next.
Click links for video demonstrations that discuss points of performance and scaling.
Goal Times for Angie WOD
WodStar RX Goal Times
Elite: Sub 10:00
Level 3: 10:00-11:00
Level 2 11:00-13:00
Level 1 13:00-15:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the Angie WOD
- When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 15:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- Avoid going to failure on your reps. Stop 1-2 reps short of failure to preserve muscle fatigue and endurance.
- Put more focus into the mechanics of your least efficient movement or movements, and make up time during your most efficient movements.
- Click on the movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scales for the Angie WOD
- Banded Pull-Ups
- Jumping Pull-Ups
- Ring Row
- TRX Body Row
- Barbell on Rack Body Row
- Banded Pull-Downs
- Box Squat
- Elevated Med Ball Squat (ball on top of plate)
- Squat Holding a Rig
- Ring Supported Squat
- Bar in Rig Supported Squat
- Apply a 15:00 time cap.
- Break up the movements into 10 rounds of 10 reps, or cut the reps to 50’s.