The Barbara WOD is a Benchmark Girl WOD used in CrossFit workouts to assess an athlete’s progress over time.
Description of the Barbara WOD
Complete for time 5 Rounds of:
Rest three minutes between rounds. Post individual round times and total time (with rest).
Click links for video demonstrations that discuss points of performance and scaling.
Goal Times for the Barbara WOD
- Goal of this benchmark is to keep the intensity HIGH, there is a 3:00 rest at the end of each round to recover to allow for the intended high power output.
- Try and keep the round times within 1-2 minutes of each other.
WodStar RX Goal Times (with rest included)
Elite: Sub 23:00
Level 3: 23:00-24:00
Level 2: 24:00-25:00
Level 1: 25:00-26:00
Coaches/Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish in these time frames.
Tips for the Barbara WOD
- Put more focus into the mechanics of your least efficient movement(s)and make up time during your most efficient movement.
- Take ADVANTAGE of your rest! Breathe and Hydrate.
- Click on the movement links below to view movement demos and points of performance.
Scales for the Barbara WOD
- Banded Pull-Ups
- Jumping Pull-Ups
- Ring Row
- TRX Body Row
- Barbell on Rack Body Row
- Banded Pull-Downs
- Box Squat
- Elevated Med Ball Squat (ball on top of plate)
- Squat Holding a Rig
- Ring Supported Squat
- Bar in Rig Supported Squat
- Cut reps to 10, 20, 30, 40
- Cut rounds to 3